Monday, August 27, 2012

Is Being Homeless Truly a Sin


What if law had to be in verse?
Instead of latin and all terse?
what if life was actually fair
instead of being buyer beware?
Questions like these haunt me
of how the world must be
still I press onward every day
praying I never lose my way.

What if I am forever alone
instead of lost in a crowded zone?
What if Love never glances here
instead leaving me in silent fear?
Those are ones others must resolve
for I can never let you absolve
the sinner in me that seeks
something lasting more than weeks

What if you only can laugh
instead of lift up this stray mistaf?
What if for me there is no one
instead all my life will be undone?
Does any of this really matter
amid all the useless chatter
about the situation I am in
Is being homeless truly a sin?

(27AUG2012 - Dyfedd Rex)

No comments:

Post a Comment