Thursday, December 26, 2013

Silence - an update

If this place gets a bit quiet, relax, I'm just working on a longer piece to try to shop later this year. A story, novella to novel length, called for now "Crossing of the Shadow". This thing is part of the Billenius cycle of stories, set before he lost his eyes, so it is giving me a chance at looking into that character's past and tinkering a bit, given I know where he is headed for at this point in his life.
Dealing with his earliest visions, trying to keep from tipping my hand too much, but this is when his aura sight and precog abilities really nearly ruined his life, and I'm tempted to make this the root for his arrogance that will lead him to walk "The Paths of Damnation" some time soon for me.

So, don't worry if I seem to stop posting, it just means the creative juices are flowing a different direction from poems and Urban Fantasy tales for  awhile is all.

Or, at least I hope. There is one poem working its way out of the slime I think with, which may drop down from the murky skies before the New Year. Just remember, though, "May" is nearly as big a word as "If", when it comes to deadlines and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment