Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I walked out onto the plaza
seeking just a smoke of peace
to gather thoughts for projects ongoing.
Looking around I found it empty
until I noticed the ghostly hunter
standing in the nearest shady spot
who nodded in recognition just briefly
before entering the bright sun's glare
spreading out his blanket and wares.
It had been a long while
since his last visit to me
so I strode over to speak
over why he was selling trinkets.
"There have been few knives lately
laid upon tables in dark rooms
for me to pick up carefully
and send dark forces to Hell."
So I asked this ghost softly
a question last made upon stones
far away and many moons ago
"A few is better than none?"
His nod was gentle yet distracted
as other shades gathered around him
purchasing a few furs and feathers
making me wait for an answer.
When it at last was given
I motioned him inside the Library

to take the tale he offered
to share with others in days
yet to come, though soon passing.
"Yes, there was a blade accepted.
One I regret having picked up.
Something dark came from the past
to haunt the lands I walk."
Then he told me the story,
the one of Knives and Vines
.

A New Hunt of Scorpio Kenrai has begun. Watch his blog for details. And maybe I can conjure the rest of his early days from him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment