Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Lone Observer? - A Poem of Morning Skies.

The sky burned pink
above the Oqquirhs this morn,
telling me, along with aches
the body talks with,
more snow's coming.

Yet the chilly air
did not taste of moisture,
all that wrung out slowly
the last few days
by the inversion.

White clad mountains sat
under that salmon tinged vault,
a band nearly a handspan
above the valley's horizon,
touched with beauty.

Few see this sight,
or take that crucial moment,
to slow down, look around,
inhale a breath deep,
and just enjoy.

For most, the cold
means warming their cars up,
even against the current law
about idling that long,
for their comfort.

Somedays, I feel alone,
the only one enjoying such,
a tiny person amid masses
of rock and ice
that ring me.

Others, someone notes it,
speaks up about the beauty
and leaves me with hope
that not all suffer
blindness to nature.

As I sit here,
sipping coffee, the moment gone,
I wish for a camera,
to share that moment
and its serenity
with others.

12Jan2016 - A Peaceful and thoughtful Dyfedd Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment