Friday, September 16, 2011

Pondering Free Range Thought Ranching

I sat on a ledge today
my pipe letting its smoke drift
like my thoughts were also doing
seeking ideas deep inside my soul
that others might enjoy to read.

With each bowl I slowly filled
packing ideas and tobacco with care
into the places they both belonged
I realized my mind was broken
not by disease but no excercise.

So I turned my thoughts loose
to get the activity they needed
watching them bounce and dance around
like children on a park playground
seeking new experiences to grow from.

When this recess had to end
like the kids would so behave
they resisted being caged again
into the cubicles they veiwed negatively
as cages in some petting zoo.

So I wondered over another pipe
relishing the rich scent of Cavendish
that rose from that bent briar
is there some way to allow
free range thought ranching without losing
control over their ultimate end results?

Who knows? Not me, that is sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment