Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ghost of the Patio Commando...

I am not sure of this poem, it came to me more like a sad song, not a poem, but I have no skill with music, let alone any training in writing it out. Its up to you to set it to music, I heard country as I wrote it, and then when I was cleaning it up, it took more of a folk air to it......

In the shadows she waits
for her moment to dance
not for money or fame
just for fun and laughs.

But there is no stage
left in my life now
that she wishes to use
as I roam the world.

Stars wheel above me now
and the trees are empty
of nuts and ornery squirells
as I shiver here alone.

I am the man without a patio,
who has lost all he once had,
save the image deep inside my head
of her dancing fights on my patio.
Perhaps someday I can give her again
a place to dance and be happy.

The winds are cold here
where I lay under trees
on rocky slopes wishing again
I hadn't been a fool.

But there is no path
back to that place left
for I burned the bridge
as i crossed to wilderness.

So I move around more
as I seek some way
to make amends for sins
that my pride brought on.

I am a man seeking a patio
for the dream in my head's use
as she grabs the squirt guns again
to battle the kids and tree rodents
with the smooth grace of a ballerina
as she dances and makes us happy.

Perhaps some day will come
sooner rather than later please
that I can find again
a patio that is mine.

You know once I have
I will sit back smiling
waiting for her special show
in that pink camouflage bikini.

For I desire her dance
and the shadows she casts
as she joins the fray
on a warm spring day.

I think I see a patio up ahead
one in a ring of mature trees
that will break the light of day
into hundreds of spotlights for her dance
as she laughs and shimmies around me
in her bloodless war of water guns.

I hope inside more than ever before,
This will be the place I seek,
our new home on the shady patio.....
a place I won't have to leave,
a place for me and my dreams.
A place where she can join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment