Sunday, November 20, 2011

This one was made for a friend, who in the course of a converstion we had, laid the query out, and I answered, only to have that 2x4 called inspiration smack me upside the head about the idea laying within.

Q: why can't everything else go as smoothly!
A: Cause Life and Fate refuse to learn the reading of the choreography we lay out for them!

It never goes smoothly
this dance with Life
because Fate separates us
trying to cut in
and the leading lady
refuses to even learn
the most basic steps
or any choreography now
that she understands indeed
how popular she is
among we still seeking
to find our ways.

Each song the same
start out on floor
lady on my arm
then some event intrudes
by Fate's evil hand
to take me away
leaving those ladies dancing
together with nasty grins
as I head off again
to put out fires
set in my life
by my dance partners.

My sole remaining satisfaction
comes from my genes
as those oversized treads
they cursed me with
find their delicate toes
as I turn away
leaving the parquet floors
to be their playground
as I wander about
stubbing toes in wilderness
with too many rocks
and holes seeking ankles.

She ain't so fair
that Lady called Life
and Fate is Mean
when not being fickle
but still I dance
with them each night
for they have me
set aside from others
forbidden to build relationships
with any human soul
who might even read
a dance card correctly.

Oh what the Hell,
next time my plan
is more than wicked
approaching down right nasty!
I will stand up
and grab their hands
hauling both out together
and avoide the embarassment
by dancing with two
instead of just one
and thus I may
make the song's end....
...unless I trip over my own two feet.
(2011 -Dyfedd Rex)

No comments:

Post a Comment