Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dangling Tattered Threads - A poem of celebration

You'd be surprised
at how tattered a thread
you can hang hopes upon
when you're homeless.

Little things grow
into wonderful moment sin life
like finding yourself alive still
when sun rises.

Today it happened
that my moment finally arrived
and I found great news
waiting amid emails.

An Acceptance Letter,
just a little, tiny thing
that changed my day totally
into something brighter.

Not a job
but a story I submitted
being green lighted for publishing
in an anthology.

It's not much,
at least not to most,
but for me, right now,
it is enough.

Thanks, and yes
I eagerly said "Hell Yeah!",
leaping at that frayed rope
leading somewhere else...
...hopefully much better.
8October2013 - an elated Dyfedd Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment