Monday, September 22, 2014

Skills in Doubt... A poem of Life and Belief

I have my doubts
things that crawl through my soul
seeking to chew it up
then spew it back
onto that core
of myself.

It's not my writings,
not my job skills I doubt,
but the personal relations stuff,
where I rub folks
entirely wrong ways
every time.

Fears abound around me,
about my ability to read people
to see past their faces
and read the messages
the eyes send
amid interviews.

Worse thing rise up
when out on the cold streets
as I seek out safety
and wonder who there
I can trust
these days. 

My words on screen,
or of ink upon some paper
I know convey my thoughts,
but those across tongue
wander far astray
of targets.

Only one thing left
that I truly have misgivings about,
and that is my heart,
which never chooses well,
for my safety
or sanity. 

Yes, I am flawed. 
despite the projected image I have
of always being so "right"
and not giving in
to others demands.
Very flawed.

Yet, I keep on
moving through this life under burdens
not just this time around
but all those before
that others forget
I endured. 

And held out...
winning some how...
despite the odds...
over others wishes...
through those flaws.

22September2014 - Dyfedd Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment