Sunday, November 9, 2014

The final checklist

Still missing a few things, but I have to go, regardless of tools/equipment/readiness. You can only take so much, and my limit was actually reached last fall, but I kept trying.

You get kicked enough, you just find you no longer care about the society that does the kicking, just the few who actually tried to help you. Those are the folks I will miss. This is to be a two week walk away, now, not the whole of winter, but it will be needed. Despite the first big storm next week, despite the short time and missing tools to make a proper hole, I have to go.

You see, I need to remind folks that while I might let them talk me into delaying things, I still do what I say. Rations for four weeks go with me, just in case of disaster, and some things I will not take that others think I need. But, in the end, I have to do this, to show my disgust, by tossing in the towel on trying to be part of this society, walk away, heal that soul others claim I don't have, and find a reason to keep taking the beatings I've taken in the future.

Don't come to me for wisdom, while I'm away, all I have left is anger, disgust, and maybe a heart that needs some time alone.

Enjoy what is here, pray I return to add more, or pray I don't. I no longer give a damn what others think of me. Only what I think of myself, my God thinks of me, and my kith and kin feel for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment