Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Options Pondered - a poem of the waiting

There's a tub of java
waiting over there on chair
to see if it's used
in the coming New Year.

There's a man inside me,
still trying in fitful starts
to drive on to success
at some goal yet seen.

There my camping gear lies,
as well the many packs
that are the load carried
these last few, aching years.

Which will be utilized first?
Which path will prove clear
for my feet to wander
down towards some fate now?

There's no clues hanging about
for me to make guesses,
just some very vague hints
of what will soon come.

Back to the cold streets?
Up into some wild lands?
Into a warmer place yet?
All these I ponder over.

There's no compass bearing steady
enough for me to steer
a course through the floes
of dangerous ice filled seas.

There my hope lies, tattered.
Waiting for repairs and care,
but I find will lacking
to nurse it to health.

There's no knowing my future,
until others make some decisions
so I eschew celebrations tonight
in favor of moving forward...

with a few little projects
to occupy mind and soul
as one more bad year
burns out amid scattering ashes.

...praying the embers remain warm
and kindle a better fire
to thaw out my soul
and be hope's new home
in the days to come.

31December2014 - Dyfedd Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment