Monday, June 8, 2015

Paths to Choose - A Poem of Transition from Homeless to Homed.

Still ain't there.
Not by a long shot.
Too many burning hoops to leap through
to make the transition back,
more obstacles rising.

Dare I continue,
knowing others still see writing
as some silly thing I dabble about with,
or set it aside forever,
to placate them?

Should I try
to move up a ladder
into some other position that I still
know about as much in
to fail spectacularly?

Must I find
a place too far out
in order to afford paying rent
and fail to make it
to work regularly?

Which paths ahead
must I walk bravely down
knowing there are ambushes and landslides waiting
to toss me off them
to my ruin.

Smoke rises up
as the pipe burns more,
to cover the smell of burning hairs
that my overheated brain causes
pondering these choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment