Sunday, January 2, 2011

How should I present this first set of tales to share with you?

Being new to Blogger, I have a slight problem on how to lay out the tales of one character I am about to share. Should I present them in the order writen, or the story line chronology? Its a good question, as most of the stories are from much later in his career, and only now have I begun to dig into this character's past and origins.

The character is called Scorpio Kenrai by most folks he meets, but has another name his parents and clan call him by. That name is Tagrun and his clan is the Kenrai or eagle clan. He was born in an old role playing game, and evolved over the years, changing names, origins, even appearance to an extant, but his job was the same, that of a bounty hunter, who walked the edge of being an assassin. The stories from later in his life were about the change he made as he slowly crossed the line. As they were just exploring a character who had appeared in the tales of others, I was feeling him out, seeing who and what he was becoming at that point in his journeys.

But, the tales caught in some corner of my mind, as he wormed into another, much longer tale yet to be shifted here, if I can shift something of novel length. What had been a character development exercise took on its own life, and I have a good idea as to his story arc now.

As I said, the early stories are not all written yet, but my posts tomorrow will be the tale of his origin, and forgive the roughness. I tend to share first drafts to get feedback on the storyline, the characters and my mistakes.

Yeah, lets do this the slow way....I have some earlier tales to tell some day of his growing up, but his journey to manhood really began with the tale you will get over the next week. So here are the Hunts of Scorpio Kenrai, some will be rough, some more polished, some may just be little stand alone's, others part of some cycle he had in his path to being a member of the Allegiance of the Blades.

Tomorrow, you get part 1 of The Blade of the Eagle Clansman.

No comments:

Post a Comment