Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I miss the Wind in this Terrible Lull

Winds came by the other night
clearing the air with its scouring
of the haze away from this bowl.
For a while the sun was bright
the air tasted good and fresh
then the calm took back its seat
choking those lower with glee.

Stagnation is bad for all things
be it air, water, economies or minds
and this is what I feel now
that deadly calm that says it loud
"You are dying here my prey
and cannot escape my grasp!"
As the stale claws claps us.

But the winds will come
we may not welcome which ones.
For after long standing motionless
the air must move sooner or later
Be it in the Winds of Change
or their deadlier and close kin
those of dreadful War.

But I still hope for a breeze
we all can harness better,
those of trade to move us
or the fabled west breeze
that can make us all
richer, better, and hopefully calmer
as we breathe it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment