Monday, September 23, 2013

Nuttin' but Nineteens - More Cribbage and Philosophy Mixed in Poem

Life's been dealing off the bottom,
nothing but crappy Nineteen hands
meant to break my spirits,
and wear me down to grist.

So I do what I can,
trying to peg my way
round that final corner
ahead of the Grim Reaper.

Fate is a fickle gal,
so I hope she turns
her back on the others
trying to catch me 30 back.

We'll see what she deals
once I make the effort
later this week at looking
for a job yet one more time.

Better be enough
to prevent the skunk
I've been smelling lately.
Or to slide to 121.

Been a rough spell,
these last few years,
enough to wear one out
and make one fear cards.

Still, never can tell
what a crib will hold,
especially in the game
life makes me play...
...Upon God's Cribbage Board.

23September2013 - Dyfeddd Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment