Monday, September 23, 2013

Starting Count Late - Another Poem of Life's Cribbage Game.

Someone started dealing again
and I seem to be starting out
about a corner behind others
as Murphy applies his Law
to my Life one more time.

Each hand we play sucks,
seen better garbage dealt
by Blackjack dealers westward
about Wendover's location.
But you play what's dealt.

The Ace of Rejections,
the Jacks of Damnation and Despair,
Three of Ill Omens appear,
with the Six of False Hope
and Seven of Bad Weather.

Not a Fifteen to be had,
no matter how I hold,
so I toss the low cards off
only to have that bite,
as Deuce of Cold is cut.

This is my Crib too,
and as I fail to peg
and miss one Muggin's
when Murph fails count
I realize things ain't better.

Turning over the final hand
well behind the Skunk line
Life digs me harder
with Eight of Hate
and King of Fear.

Wonder how I stand
on God's Cribbage board
probably well down tubes
as the points get counted
and I take another loss.

23September2013 - Dyfedd Rex (Still hoping for a better hand dealt)

No comments:

Post a Comment