Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The grey skies arrived.
Sneaking in overnight,
cloaking the stars above
from our upward gazes
to adore Heaven's Vault.

Wet and cooler air,
aleady I see the hints
of color on the over east,
where Fall's first touch
lays out colorful dots.

Campsite was trashed
and where it wasn't,
the herd staked claims
on the little coves
where I prefer sleeping.

Cleaned what I could,
left the rest for Nature
to scrub away this week
with expected rains
these clouds promise.

This is the warning:
find a safe haven folks.
As Winter starts stretching
for his cold marathon
across us pretty soon.

Ain't where I wanted
this old boy to be
back in the spring.
No built up place,
no home in offing.

But, I enjoy cold,
as long as toes
ain't freezing until dead
or nose running constantly
to keep the pipes clear.

Third season of snows
I will spend homeless,
less the world relents
and Fate convinces Karma
I've paid for my sins.

So, when you pass by
some person holding sign
on a cold, windswept corner,
remember, it could be you
or a loved one there...

...for you're only a mistake away,
even if you don't admit it.

10September2013 - Dyfedd Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment