Saturday, December 6, 2014

A bit of advice....

Never give up...
Keep hoping, keep trying.
It's okay to fall back,
and take some time
to regroup occasionally.

Never stop writing,
never stop using heart
to overcome what threatens you,
just keep pushing on
towards your dreams.

Mine are dimmed,
shattered remnants of embers,
still holding potential of flame
but only if kindled
with some care.

Fading away slowly,
as four years completes
of this time without job,
three spent wandering homeless,
seeking some redemption.

Four years, indeed,
of bad luck's whip
across my hunched, broken back.
Too heavy a load
now I carry.

But I still
press on with life,
withdrawing just long enough now
to heal my soul
and fan fires
within me
again.

6December2014 - Dyfedd Rex, wandering away to lick his wounds, and come back for another round later.

No comments:

Post a Comment