Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mine Enemies Are Legion - A poem of Allergy Threats Rising.

Despite the cold
the enemy launches assaults
as I step outside to pollute
and some half frozen hornet
takes umbrage over smoke
that I trailed.

She dropped fast
from the eaves above
seeking the source of irritation
still lethargic enough, thank God,
I could dodge away
before she struck.

Already others threaten
to unleash Spring Offensives
on my allergy ridden body.
The walnut buds show fierce,
two more homes sell
to obvious stoners.

I worry more
about the stuka bugs
now as the days lengthen
and the warmer air stirs
them back to life,
and vicious rage.

Hateful little insects
seeking to attack all
that disturb the areas where
they build their strange nests
or burrow into ground
waiting to attack.

Mild, dry winter
kept them from dying
down as much as hoped.
So, there are more sorties
to come this year,
to my horror.

Practicing dodging again,
despite the sore knees,
stiff back, and other litany
of wearing out I suffer,
knowing the true threat
lies from stings.

For very soon,
the battles start again,
the bugs seeking my death,
I seeking to continue living,
and those around me
laughing over moves
that appear
strange.
5March2015 - Dyfedd Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment