Tuesday, July 26, 2016

World Building and Life Intrudes

Into the blank spaces,
marked Terra Incognito
my tale has moved
with this chapter.
Leaving me to scamper
about amid notes
and see what ideas
I can use
for this place entered.

Into this damned Chaos,
Life tosses grenades,
with fickle Lady Luck
tossing her finger
into the bloody fray,
leaving my life
even more stirred up
than the West Desert
after wind storms,
which was 'Status Quo'.

So I assert a mighty pen,
(okay, just dancing fingers),
across a blank slate of electronic canvas,
and craft out something more stable
than the currents of Chaos I navigate.

Starting at the known,
I dive down
creating layers beneath it,
not underworlds, really,
just better detailed maps,
narrowing the focus
of my mind's eye
upon the places
the characters now walk.

The only map crafted
for this tale
or my turbid life,
for the moment.
What map I had
for rebuilding myself
others seek to expand
beyond the scope
I saw for myself.

Dropping in the Icons with care,
I lay out the world I control,
ignoring the reality I merely ride
the rapids without paddle or life-vest.

26July2016 - A frustrated Dyfedd Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment