Sunday, July 17, 2016

What creates delays (for me, at least).

So, sorry I'm not posting the story underway as fast as I should, but sometimes, when you start to write something, the real world intrudes, either blocking you with time-eating mini-catastrophes, or slithers into inappropriate parts of your tale, leaving you no option but to grapple the beastie, toss it out on its hind-end, and pray he left no tracks that you missed when chopping up the tale with the chainsaw.

This last week, it was issues at work that kept creeping in the few times I wound down enough to write, or issues in reality, trying to intrude into the tale (the current news items have no place in this tale, but maybe a later one, after more is known, and I figure out how to work that kind of stuff into a fantasy tale).

So, today, news feed off, music about to be set to my normal drinking cowpoke yodeling stuff, another pot of coffee, and start some home-made meal in a while to add a better aroma than stale socks and over-ripe shirts to the air. Wish me luck, as FB will be open.

No comments:

Post a Comment