Friday, April 10, 2015

My Status as a Writer? Amatuer, still.

And that is the truth.

Not crying about it, most of that is me still learning the ropes of this stuff. And building a following here. One thing I am certain about, two tales will be pulled, fixed up some, then offered as ebooks over the next few weeks to months, depending upon time available. Having a job again, after so long, I'm just exhausted most days when I get back to where I'm staying for now.

It will take time to get back in the grove of working and having energy afterwards, I know. This was a long, nasty down time, with stresses few understand in it, that nearly broke me into a remnant of a human being.

I did trim the WiP plan for this year, earlier this month, to reflect the reduced time, and pressures from others to give up on writing. Not all see this as a good therapeutic method for my recovery, just  a crutch to be lazy with. If only they knew what went into writing and selling tales.

One more thing. Until now, I've lived in relative isolation regarding the writings and projects, too little feedback, and what there was being mostly, though not all, negative towards even trying my hand at it. So, what I'd like is more feedback. Dare to answer the captcha, I don't delete comments, unless they are WAY off topic for the piece, inflammatory hate speech, or just posting links. I need some feedback, besides likes. Let me know what works, what didn't, what you want to see, what you are tired of seeing (expect less of my time homeless, that is going to a separate work for a 99 cent eBook later), and what you think I should go back to try again.

Please. That feedback is the tool a writer uses to get better at their craft, and as most of my face to face friends claim to have no time to do it, or lack interest in fantasy, scifi, steampunk, and the other genres I've tried, there is little support from them on feedback on things.

Besides, I need a good buttwhupping of a review to keep my ego deflated. We would not want me to become some giant headed creature who just churns out tales and tells you to sod off now, would we?

No comments:

Post a Comment