Friday, October 21, 2011

Fallor Ergo Sum - an older improv poem

Deceived I was in those days
by the tales of times before
when I was not here to see.

Deceived I am still now
as others pull wool tight
across eyes looking to see.

Deceived I will be forever
by my own foolish notions
no matter my mental state.

But deception is the way we all live from day to day
lying to ourselves as well as others in this world.

Delusions I suffered all the time
of self grandeur as well as more,
and seduced by skills others have.

Delusions I am bound within
tied up in their ropes and chains
was the world warps my mind.

Delusions will enchant my soul
for all of eternity to come yet
as I live in the dreams woven round.

We all are what we fear in others as we avoid the mirror
and the darkest hour comes with that fatal glance of doom.

 
(2010)

Stranger things come from my goo pan called a skull when Gaz prompts at me...
This one had a half dozen failed starts, even though I cranked it out fast, I am still not 100% happy with this one, and I may go back soon and touch it up...then again, my first guesses tend to be the best I do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment