Monday, June 24, 2013

Writer Fuel, Anyone? - A Poem of Writing

Every writer has their blend.
The "word-tane" rating to speed
along the tale being told
tweaked to their own tastes,
needs or financial budget room.

Writer Fuel, that's the stuff
we will talk about today
The grades I usually use
the ones held in reserve.

Top of the list sits
the standby of good coffee
thought being homeless I resort
to instant way too often
for it to be effective.

Next comes my JP4 version
Coke and Coffee mingled together
in varying ratios based on
my energy levels and distractions
to blow past as needed.

Cookies and donuts tie out
at the number three slot,
forcing me to call them
Alpha and Beta fuel blends
as fingers dance across keyboard.

The fifth slot stinks plenty,
being the tobacco I use
to calm nerves as writing
or ponder out plot issues
when my characters stage rebellions.

Below them lay the others
not granted permanent ranking status.
Ice cream, root beer, and
a few favorite foods rare
in my diet these days.

Right now, WF2 sits ready
one bottle down, one mixing
to fuel an edit overdue
and one long writing session
to finish a story soon.

These are my choice fuels,
so what do you use?
I'd like to hear ideas
for days when cash strapped
or just suffering writer's block.

24JUNE2013 - Dyfedd Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment