Friday, September 26, 2014

Lament of the Loner

Lonely nights
spent out under stars
leaving behind those who dash about,
to find my peace,
started it.

Lonely weeks
spent amid the foothills
or wandering the streets seeking work
sealed the damned deal
of isolation.

Never happy
amid the pressing crowds
others seem so happy to mingle
as I wandered off
seeking quiet.

Inside books,
gallivanting in my car,
or just hiding away in sleep,
save for my imagination
I'm alone.

Years pass,
and I see others
with families, in good life situations,
and wonder if they
are happy.

While moments
of joy join mine
I have none of the rewards,
like a home, job security, safety,
or girlfriend.

Choices made
took me outside bounds
that society honors as right paths
to wander the land
all alone.

None about
to talk to about
the things I see, do, achieve,
that understand the paths
I walk.


Don't follow
the path of Loners
lest you too be left solitary
on those days when
companionship's needed.

26September2014 - Dyfedd Rex, reflecting, sneezing and coughing, as a friend "shared" a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment