Sunday, November 11, 2012

Even Guys Get Stalkers - A poem to record a fool's actions


Ladies, this may relate
for I seem to have a stalker
a jailbird fresh from the cage
seeking to redeem himself.

Why I was chosen
as the target of his rage
none of us can really fathom
but he surely has.

So, I walk careful
yet never vary my old routine
for when you run away scared
the villains claim victory.

He's playing it sly
seeing if he can rattle me
by shaking his own imaginary bars
to see me cower.

But I am standing
and bigger men have tried before
to knock this boy out cold
and walked away failures.

When he finally tries
I know he will have advantages
for he's taken the coward's path
of acting as predator.

He fails to see
I have already won the game.
for this started with his acts
not by my hand.

See, he took offense
at words someone else spoke once
and took it out on me
still on my bunk.

So, I got up
after I realized he needed confronting
and told him to try again
giving him the chance.

I read him correctly
cause when I was standing up
ready to face him as men
the coward backed down.

Even if he attacks
I have already won this fight.
by calling his game for all
and proving it true.

Don't worry about me,
fool probably will try punching me
to get the easy knock out...
and my heads hard....
...being filled with rocks.

11November2012 (Armistice/Veteran's Day) - Dyfedd Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment