Monday, May 21, 2012

Why I Waterboard my Characters - A poem inspired by Billenius today

He sits calmly sipping his tea,
the gaping wounds I inflicted aimed
like the bores of cannons unseen
into my soul seeking his revenge
for being the poor whipping boy
I take out my frustrations upon.

Angers he grounds into the stones
and words are broken upon shields
raised to keep him safely insulated
from more dangers, yet failing constantly
as I toss into his roads
sinkholes of doom and ravenous beasts.

Billenius sits calmly through it all
sipping that tea when chance allows
waiting for the arrival of Revenge
in that perfect moment of terror
when he says after I save...
..."Oh, you meant what really happened?"

(21May2012 - Dyfedd Rex)

Written in memorial of all the times Billenius seems to speak a different tale when I go back to edit... and yes, I hear him say that with a soft chuckle of evil in his throat.... which is why he gets beat up so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment