Monday, January 4, 2016

Stalling out - A poem of gaming and life at the same time

I'm finding out fast
that climbing out of things
you have to slow down some,
or stall in mid-air
crashing back to earth.

In games, this weekend,
that came clear to me,
as I stalled my computer planes,
and found the ground harshly
embracing my cyber-self.

In life, the same.
Though a bit more painful,
as you search to rise up,
only finding your grasp fails
to hold the yoke.

I'm in that stall,
the tail-spin starting soon,
but I've pulled out of worse,
just need to be gentle
as I work controls.

Life and gaming converge
so often in my head,
when I get a game night,
that I see things clearer,
for a short while.

And, given the inversion
building in this wide valley,
clarity of vision is definitely welcome
even if only for moments
that others can't see.

4Jan2015 - Dyfedd Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment