Friday, April 28, 2017

Sky Cat's Malign Gaze Haunts Me - a Poem of Whimsy and Moonlight

I can feel his gaze,
that hunter's malign stare boring down
from amid the clouds
over towards the horizon.

Almond moon, cirrus veiled
with lower dark masses framing it,
set to the right
of building westward now.

Sky Cat looks down,
seeking for some prey to steal
the soul from swiftly
peeking around that edifice.

I know it to be illussion.
I know it to be just fear.
But, in my heart that trembles
reason cannot enter back in.
For Sky Cat is hunting me.

Moon just past half,
forms his eye, dark mares orbit aligned
to form vertical slit
that makes the cat's-eye.

Sprinkles from passing clouds
only enhance the feeling I get
as that eye searches
from between racing cloud-banks.

Each moment heart races,
as the superstitions mount within me,
of the beast hunting
the sky for souls.

I fear the damned illussion cast,
I embrace the fear with heart
for I know he hunts for me
to break down my life
inside Sky Cat's wickedly sharp teeth.

Setting behind the mountains
does not break the dark spell
as pines appear now
like blades of grass.

He lowers down now,
to pounce over the landscape below
and catch out prey
he has spooked out.

I am that prey.
I am the one he vigilantly seeks,
to bring low forever,
for sins, real and imagined.

Sky Cat stalks the skies of night
stirring the fear in any who
by chance note that eye of his
gazing down with malign intent
to pounce upon those not pure.

-28Apr2017, a still chilled Dyfedd Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment